A new range of Radar Sensors for medical applications have recently been developed and we are now evaluating new markets for these unique radar sensors. Primarily we are focusing on medical applications. These include infant monitoring, aged care facilities for movement of patients and vital signs such as breathing and heart rates. There are many other applications such as hotel occupancy, and non contact movement monitoring and sleep apnea
Utilizing 77 GHz enables smaller product dimension along with higher velocity sensitivity along with better range resolution.
During trials comparing data to a smart watch
Advantages of Radar
- Radar works best on detecting moving objects with the same accuracy regardless of distance to target.
- Different surface textures reflect radio waves differently. It is possible to classify and distinguish targets
- It works under all kinds of weather, light condition and ambient temperatures
- Unlike image sensors, Radar has no privacy concerns, making it more suitable for many applications
- Aged Care Facilities- vital signs monitoring and movement (including fall) We can offer a number of platforms such as 5/6G, and cloud etc
- Vital signs in car- The mmWave radar is used to monitor the drivers health and ability to drive. By using advanced software it helps detect driver fatigue
- People counting and vital signs in Prison - A sensor is installed in every cell to monitor the condition and movement of inmates. can be used for helping suicide prevention
Radar Sensors PDF